Sunday, May 20, 2007

Structured Procrastination

Structured Procrastination:

"The list of tasks one has in mind will be ordered by importance. Tasks that seem most urgent and important are on top. But there are also worthwhile tasks to perform lower down on the list. Doing these tasks becomes a way of not doing the things higher up on the list. With this sort of appropriate task structure, the procrastinator becomes a useful citizen. Indeed, the procrastinator can even acquire, as I have, a reputation for getting a lot done."

Şamil: By writing this blog entry, I overcame the guilt feeling of playing computer games instead of dealing with a problematic piece of code. What's more interesting is that I actually like to deal with that code. But since it is the most important task right now, I somehow desire to do something else. I would even do things I hate like cleaning the house! We human beings are an interesting species :)

Thanks to Rahmi for bringing this beautiful piece to our attention.

1 comment:

Rahmi Lale said...

'Tişikür' kısmıda aynı Improbable Research'deki gibim olmuş.